RIM escapes $147.2 million hit as Mformation appeal ends in victory
RIM has successfully appealed its patent infringement verdict against Mformation, letting the company off the hook for $147.2 million in damages. It was originally ordered to pay the stack of cash after a jury found that it had violated a remote management patent, but a California judge has overturned the decision after reexamining the evidence. Mformation still has the scope to appeal and thereby cause a fresh trial to begin from scratch, which could be fun. Continue reading RIM escapes $147.2 million hit as Mformation appeal ends in victory Filed under: Cellphones RIM escapes $147.2 million hit as Mformation appeal ends in victory originally appeared on Engadget on Thu, 09 Aug 2012 06:02:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds .
Read similar Posts:
- RIM slapped with $147.2 million in damages from Mformation patent lawsuit
- RIM Ordered To Pay Out $147 Million Over Mformation Patent Scuffle
- Apple Awarded Additional $290 Million From Samsung in Patent Trial
- Nokia loses UK appeal against IPCom’s pointless patent posturing
- Microsoft loses second Word patent appeal, on the hook for $240 million in damages